Monday, June 1, 2015

Sherry
As you can see by the pictures, it was a gloomy, rainy day. A lot of Wendy and Gail's group got in their van.  I think that they only had 8 or 9 riders on the road but one of them was our Gail! How strong she is and what determination.  At any rate, our Baaa car was sunny with Laughter and enthusiasm as we drove from the very cute town of  Lakeville, CT to E. Windsor ,CT. We stopped at a diner that again was very unique.  The walls were adorned with Police badges and of course we had to take pictures of Wendy who had joined us today.  We had a lovely lunch with warm clam chowder, hamburgers, Pastrami etc.  I was sure Weight Watchers was sitting in the corner and about to arrest me as I left!   afternoon when Gail came off the road we had ice cream at a very New England "Friendlys" home of the Fribble (ask Wendy how good it was)
The weather report is very disappointing as it is supposed to be heavy rain again in the morning. I wish I could ship some back to Ca.  From there we should have clear riding until the end of our trip on Friday.
pS.  My real bike arrived in Penn today. It will now be sent back to Ca having travelled 12000 miles
And never had its tires on the road thanks to UPS!

3 comments: